- Administrative/Office Support
- Direct Care/Milieu Counselor
- Director Department
- Human Resources
- Performance Improvement
- Real Estate/Property Management
- Security Guard
- Social Work/Case Work
Milieu Counselor (4 positions)
The Milieu Counselor works with developmentally disabled people in a residential treatment setting and supervises or assists consumers to carry out the portions of the treatment plan that deal with day to day living needs. Acting as a positive role model, the Milieu Counselor supervises and/or assists consumers in basic daily living skills, domestic activities, community inclusion, and ensures consumers’ health and safety.
RESPONSIBILITES include but not limited to:
• Responsibility for day to day care for consumers living in the apartment/home; including helping consumers to maintain personal hygiene, appropriate social interaction, utilize leisure time and food services.
• Planning, supervising, running and participating in activities on behalf of the consumers.
• Accompanying consumers on trips, outings into the community and supervising these activities.
• Working one on one with a consumer displaying unusual behavioral or health needs.
• Attendance at staff meetings, clinical team meetings and in-service training sessions.
• Accompanying and/or drive consumer(s) to medical or other important appointments as deemed necessary.
• Report observations about consumers, including, but not limited to unusual issues, accidents and injuries. Report actual or suspected abuse, neglect, illness and unusual behaviors.
• Food preparation for consumers in accordance with Kosher policies and in adherence to consumer’s dietary needs and restrictions
• Maintain basic cleanliness of the residential facility.
• Conducting and/or participating in safety drills and evacuations.
• Assist consumers on and off buses or other modes of transportation. Transport them to daily programs. Check the contents of each individual’s back pack for all necessary items.
• Clothing inventories, do the laundry or sort, fold and store clothing as needed.
• If certified, administer medication and assist in ordering prescription medications carefully and without error. Counselors will be required to attend and pass an appropriate certification course (AMAP), or provide proof of having attended such a course and holding such certification prior to administer medications
• Document individual daily goal activity and community inclusion activities.
• Regular bed checks, to assure all consumers are well.
• Laundry related tasks such as: fold and put the clean clothing away. Organize closets and drawers. Ironing and minor mending of clothing. Supervise or assist in selection of the next day’s clothing to be worn.
• Administer meds. and count narcotics, as needed (if AMAP certified).
• Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of breakfast and lunch for the next day and/or check that the bagged lunches are appropriate to each consumer’s diet and preferences. Pack up each individual’s back pack with lunch, extra clothing etc.
• Assist and supervise consumers in toileting.
• Help consumers who cannot sleep.
• Know the emergency protocol and best ways to contact assistance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Driver’s License and/or AMAP certification. Preferably, minimum of one year’s experience with clients in a social services or mental health environment. Some previous experience with a similar (MR/DD) population strongly preferred. HS Diploma or GED required. BA preferred.