- Administrative/Office Support
- Direct Care/Milieu Counselor
- Director Department
- Human Resources
- Performance Improvement
- Real Estate/Property Management
- Security Guard
- Social Work/Case Work
Milieu Couselor (overnight shift/ 2 positions)
The Milieu Counselor works with children or adolescents in a residential treatment setting and is responsible for ensuring that those portions of the treatment plan which deal with day to day and independent living skills are implemented. Acting as a positive role model and providing therapeutic parenting, the Milieu Counselor is charged with the fundamental responsibility of the client’s health and safety.
RESPONSIBILITES include but not limited to:
• Responsible for day to day care of the children in the program including helping consumers to maintain their personal hygiene, social guidance, use of leisure time, and food planning and preparation.
• Develop, supervise and run activity sessions
• Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervise activities
• May be called upon to work one on one with a client who is displaying significant stress or assist with management issues as they relate to clients.
• If required, perform therapeutic hold should a child be out of control. All employees are required to attend appropriate training prior to performing such a therapeutic hold.
• Drive the child to medical, social or other necessary appointments or assist in returning clients to the campus who are AWOL
• Shares their experience and observation of the children under care with the treatment team and immediately brings to the attention of the supervisor any unusual issues.
• May be required to cook/prepare meals for residents within their cottage or division.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma is required, as is experience with a similar population in a residential setting. A NYS Driver’s License is required.
Monday 12am-9am & 11pm-12am
Saturday 12am-9am & 11pm-12am
Sunday 12am-9am & 11pm-12am